About Helen Potter – Professional – Social
Celebrity Dog. “www.kokosdogblog.com” comments on our Subiaco life.
Helen Potter – Professional
- As a Specialist Physiotherapist, I have advanced training and forty years’ experience.
- My reputation is for excellence in diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal problems.
- My vision is to help you manage chronic pain by explaining what it means.
- I promise to assist you to have less pain and improve your movement.
- I am passionate about empowering you to achieve your goals.
Helen Potter – Education
I became a Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, the highest level of qualification in 2007
- This award acknowledges my Diploma, Degree and Masters awards
- in addition to my clinical, teaching, research, and publication experience
- I am honoured to be a Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapy
- Earlier I gained a Bachelor of Physio Lincoln Institute Victoria (1978)
- a Grad Dip Manipulative Therapy WAIT WA (1985)
- a Master of Science Curtin University of Technology WA (1995).
“Feel safe putting your body in the hands of a health professional with a reputation for excellence”
Professional Memberships guarantee:
- I participate in continuing professional development
- Provide safe, ethical and effective health care.
- Abide by the APA Code of Conduct
- FACP (Fellow of the Aust College of Physiotherapists)
- MPA (Member of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Assoc)
- MAPA (Member of Aust Physiotherapy Association).
“You can trust an APA physiotherapist to have your goals and your care as a priority”
Helen’s Social Profile
- Walking, swimming and snorkelling at Cottesloe beach
- Helping KoKo write his book “Shaggy Dog Tales”
- Reading and photography
- My Photography exhibitions include- “We are Subi Dogs April 2012″, and” Views of Spain and Portugal 2015″ and The Moores Gallery in Fremantle 2016. Some of my photos appear in a book – “Shoulder to Shoulder 2017” which covers 24 hours of New Year in Perth.
- I assist at the Perth Writers Festival, Sculptures by the Sea and PIAF. In 2015, I was senior Physiotherapist for the PIAF “The Giants” on their visit from France.
- I am a Physiotherapist for Oxfam 100km walk.
- KoKo and I visit Berrington Aged Care in Jolimont weekly to give the residents a cuddle and laugh.
- I am also actively involved in the Subiaco Community
- 1984 Kellogg’s Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2007 City of Subiaco Photographic Award
- 2008a City of Subiaco Photographic Award
- 2008b Women in Business: Woman of the Month
- 2009 City of Frem Photographic Award Fremantle Community Calendar
- 2015a Finalist Town of Mosman Park Photographic Competition
- 2015b Finalist City of Subiaco Photography Competition
- 2015c “Long List” Fremantle International Portrait prize
- 2016a One photo in Federal Minister, Hon Julie Bishop MP Calendar
- 2016b Finalist City of Subiaco Photography Competition
My skills and life experience allow me to empathise with you whatever your needs, age or gender.