In Touch Physiotherapy – Headache Clinic
- Often people have put up with headaches all their lives without knowing why or how best to treat or manage them.
- I offer a private, friendly and personal approach to help you discover more
- The Headache Clinic, a "Centre of Excellence" for the diagnosis, treament and management of migraine and headaches is unique in Western Australia
- My advanced qualifications in diagnosis and management of headache, mean I am highly qualified to help you sort out your headaches
- My involvement with the National Headache Study combined with my collaboration with Perth Neurology Specialists means I have more options for treating you
- Current theories on headaches with a genetic predisposition and sensitisation of the nervous system mean my approach is multi-factorial.
- Our first step is to establish a diagnosis.
- The most common presentations are of migraine, cervico-genic (neck related) headache and tension headache and TMJ (jaw related) headache.
- Only when you have an accurate diagnosis can you start to treat and manage your headache well.
- I listen to your story, undertake a comprehensive assessment and reach a diagnosis. If my findings demonstrate a headache type I then discuss options with you
- As a first contact Specialist Physiotherapist I have to exclude any medical reason for your headache before I make any decisions about trtment
- If there is a medical component that would benefit from your GP's or Neurologist's advice then I will assist you with a referral for investigation or medical management.
- Questionnaires and a six week headache diary help us monitor outcomes. This allows us to progress treatment, or refer on for medical assistance if needed
- A detailed migraine diary allows you to present a more complete picture to your GP to discuss medication.
If you have headaches and want optimal relief:
Please contact Helen
9381 6166 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More URL .....Helen Potter
Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist FACP